B.S. Medical College was established in 1956 by Bankura Sammilani Trust. The college was taken over by Government of West Bengal in 1961. MCI recognition for 100 MBBS seats was finally recognized in December 2005. Post graduate courses in General Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatric Medicine and Gynae & Obstetrics were permitted by MCI in March, 2009.
This Government Institution is a Medical College & Hospital providing medical education, research and health care to the people of Bankura district, neighbouring districts and even the nearby states. The buildings of the institution are mainly situated at the Lokepur campus and Gobindanagar campus of Bankura town.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Which board is this school affiliated to ? A: West Bengal University of Health Sciences
Q. What are the facilities available in college ? A: Please read above our facility section.
Q. Is Bankura Sammilani Medical College co-educational? A: Yes, college is co-ed.
Q. Does the college have boarding (residential) facilities ? A: 1